- mollyw0bbles said: Where are you interning and how did you get it, may I ask? I’d like to do this, too,I thought about it for this summer, but being that most of them are unpaid and the city is expensive and I’d be alone…it didn’t seem feasible…
- tobs-gonna-tob likes this
- redrubiesandiamonds likes this
- verityhardly likes this
- sassyladythegeek likes this
- the-little-bluebird likes this
- anglophilemeetsbibliophile posted this
“NYC: Tolerant of your beliefs, judgmental of your shoes”
1. A French client liked my reader’s report enough to request a copy of the manuscript! EEEEK! OK, that was the only self-promoting celebratory post, I promise.
2. Sleeping dachshunds = cutest things ever. Also, I must repeat, if you’re in with the dog, you’re IN. Period.
3. In NYC, there’s always going to be a skinner/richer/more stylish bitch than you, so fuck it. You’re sassy and beautiful anyway.
4. After 2 weeks, you will still be eating plain pasta and butter for dinner every night, and still loving it. (This has become a sort of experiment for the palette…)
5. Keurig machines, while less fancy, are infinitely better than the espresso machine.
6. Headphones are useful for fending off creepsters of the subway. But sometimes they still creep anyway. Smile and nod, friends. Smile and nod.
7. You’ll miss everyone way more than you thought you would. More people does not equal less lonely when you don’t know anyone in the city.
8. You’ll REALLY wish you were 21 if you’re not already. (So…close….why….)
9. You’ll probably watch way too much Pretty Little Liars. #noshame
10. You will definitely get hit on by the old neighborhood men sitting on their favorite benches. You will find this both awkward and flattering.